DIY

DIY Floral Garland

6:19 PM




Hello everyone! I'm here just to give a little DIY that is super easy and a great piece for any room
This only cost me 4 dollars! I found all my materials outdoors or at the Thrift Store!
So lets just get into it!
This is what you will need for this little project!
- Fake or live flowers (I chose fake to make them last longer)
- String (I chose a thin cotton that I picked up from the hardware store)
- Sissors
- Glue (I used hot glue to make it faster and more secure)
- A Stick
- Optional: Tape

Step 1: Planning
Pull off the flower heads and the leaves you desire to use in your project.
Choose the lengths of your strings (I staggered mine but you can choose whatever!)
Lay all of your flowers and leaves out and create the pattern you desire.
 
Doing this will allow you to change around what you think looks good and will make the project quicker!
 
 
Step 2: Temporary Placement
This stage is necessary! I promise!
First what you are going to want to do is tie your string temporary to the twig so you can switch up the placement and length if you need to in the end.
 
 
Now it's time to attatch the flowers!
I put a piece of duct tape on the end of the string to weave it through the flowers quicker!
 
 
Once all the leaves and flowers were on the string I tied a knot on the end and hid it inside the flower bud.
 
 
If the bud and leaves did not have an opening for the string to go through, I simply tied it to the string.
 
Make sure all your strings are placed the way you want and your leaves and flowers are spaced out the way you'd like!
 
Step 3: Permanent Finish
Optional: Paint your stick! Make it even more eyecatching with a bit of spray paint!
Now it's time to make your masterpiece lasting!
Tie your strings to the stick so it is securely attactched.
Take your glue and attatch each leaf and flower to the string to avoid any movement or bunching when hung.


If any of your flowers or leaves have wires hanging out, just simple fold them over and glue!
 

Now finish it off!
Simply tie a string from one end of the stick to the other to create a way to hang your new decor.
I hung the piece on the wall using Command strips for an easy application.
 
And Congrats! You are done! Extremely easy, cheap, and beautiful!
 
 



 

You Might Also Like

0 comments