Live Beautiful Better Free

DIY Zero Waste Toothpaste

1:26 PM


Hey guys!
So I know I haven't posted in a while but I am back with a couple new posts and I thought I'd start off with my DIY Zero Waste Toothpaste!
I've put this off for over a year saying that I wanted to keep "testing and experimenting" but I honestly think I was too lazy to take pictures and upload.
But let's go ahead and get started!
 
If you are worried about the costs, the sea salt, coconut oil, and peppermint oil have lasted over a year and 2 months so far! Baking soda is about 70 cents.
 
Keep in mind everything but the coconut oil and essential oil can be found at your local bulk bins without packaging! I'm just using up some stuff I already owned.
 
 
Let's start with the most important!
Ingredients and supplies!
You will need:
A bowl
A Jar
Table Spoon (or measuring tools)
Sea Salt
Unrefined Virgin Coconut Oil
Baking Soda
(Forgot to picture: Peppermint Essential Oil)
 
Let's start with dry ingredients!
 
 
You will need 2 table spoons of baking soda, just throw it in the bowl!
 
 
1/3 Teaspoon of Sea Salt (you can play around with this ingredient to your liking)
 
Now for the oils!

 
2 Tablespoons of Coconut Oil into the bowl!
 
 
I put 6-10 drops of peppermint oil in but this is another ingredient where you can add to your liking. Remember!! You can add but cannot take out the oil! It's a better idea to add a little bit at a time after you completely finish your toothpaste!
 
 
Ready to mix!
 
 
That's more like it! Time to put into the jar!
 
 
You can double the recipe or cut it in half, anything really to fit your needs!
This batch will usually last me a month.
 
Added Bonus!
 
 
I finished up my coconut oil jar and now can reuse it!
If you are interested in how to get labels and that pesky glue off jars quick and easy, check that out here!

You Might Also Like

0 comments